Monday, September 22, 2008

A-1 Transmission in Salem SCAMMED by CCS in 9/06

I found an old email that I archived just in case! I am so glad I kept it. This little incident happened in September of 2006. I remember seeing this on the news and thought I would share the article with everybody:

Oil change coupons caused headache for garage


Community Car Service, made the coupons and charged customers $60 for them.


You may have one of these coupons in your wallet right now, but they aren't valid and won't save you any money.

It's a coupon for eight free oil changes at A-1 Transmission in Salem. The problem is, A-1 doesn't do oil changes.

"They had me scheduled to give away $250,000 in oil changes. I may as well lock the door and give them a $250,000 check," said Manager Milt Zemanek.

He said a marketing company, Community Car Service, made the coupons and charged customers $60 for them. Zemanek said he never approved the special offer.

"She said they'd have them ready for me to look at in a couple of days and the next thing I know, they're coming in the door, already printed and they're out selling them."

Community Car Service has agreed to refund money to anyone that purchased a coupon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Transmission shop SUCKS!! They really screwed up my car. The owner is a BIG-TIME loser!!